About the Role
In collaboration with the mission of the Wounded Medic Foundation and the Within Thin Lines Foundation, the following Peer Support Volunteer positions are open:
1. Peer Support Specialist: Accepts incoming Peer Support Channels as delivered by the Peer Support Responders.
-Provides peer support and Mental Health Crisis Mitigation.
-Peer Support Lifeline Call Taker in answering calls that activate our peer support channel (ext 0)
-Responds to Mental Health Crisis Deployments.
-Supervises and assists the Peer Support Responder Network team members and their respected channels.
-Assists WTL Command with training/education needs for mental health resilience courses.
Required Training/Preferred experience.
1. First Responder experience of at least 10 years Preferred.
2. Peer support experience Preferred
3. NAEMT Certification of the Mental Health Resilience Officer course.
4. Active or Veteran status of First Responder Role.
5. Ecperience as a Peer Support Responder.
About the Company
Mission Statement: To provide perseverance through communication and understanding; guidance through resources and education; and health advocacy through influence and coaching.
Accredited Training: CAPCE approved Conversational/Educational Podcast Episodes NAEMT Training Center, AHA CPR/First Aid Training Center Mental Health Resiliency Education and Peer Support.